Are you ready to transform your life? This 300 hours Elementary level Teacher Training will advance your practice, take you deeper into the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and establish you as a yoga teachers.
This progressive study of Asana, Pranayama, anatomy and yoga philosophy is hard work but you will have a lot of fun learning with other aspiring teachers.
To prepare for this level, a candidate must have attended Riana Yoga Foundation Level training or attended a minimum of 200 hours Yoga class by a Riana Yoga registered teacher
- Introduces Darshana
- Yoga History & Philosophy
- In depth study of Asanas and Pranayama listed in the syllabus for thorough understanding and teaching
- Learn Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, effective class.
- Teaching Methodology – – Correct speech and behavior when teaching, how to arrange the class, how to demo.
- Class Presentation and Organization
- Principles of Correction and Adjustment
- Study of human anatomy and physiology
- Art of teaching
- Effective Use of props such as chairs, ropes, belts, blocks and blankets to improve Yoga practice.
- Basic therapeutics. Learning the precautions in handling common minor Injuries, conditions & Pregnancy
- Learn how to adjust
- Examine teacher a student relationship and responsibilities
- Reaffirm commitment to always practice the yamas and niyamas in your yoga practice and also everyday lives
On completion of the course, the student will need to go through and pass an Elementary Level Assessment. The Assessment will be comprised of the following components:
- Presentation and Practice of the Asana
- Theory and written exam
Successful students will be given an Elementary Level Teaching Certificate from Riana Yoga. Students who don’t attain a pass will need to go through the Assessment again within 2 years.
“Confidence, Clarity and Compassion are essential qualities of a teacher.” B.K.S. Iyengar